Blake and Hannah worked with several schools in the Nashville, TN area to put together a print event February 21-23rd 2013 in Nashville involving visiting artists demos, lectures and a collaborative print event! Vanderbilt, Watkins College of Art, Design & Film, Middle Tennessee State University, The University School (a K-12,) Belmont University, and Murray State University worked together to bring about this fantastic event.
In addition, we were visiting artists at The University School of Nashville, a K-12 arts-focused institution. We showed prints to students, gave a slide lecture, and talked with them about our artwork and curatorial projects.
We are currently preparing for the second year of this event! While we no longer live or work in the Nashville area, we still plan to help out with the planning and execution. Orange Barrel Industries will create, update and host the print revival website and attend planning meetings whenever possible. We’ll also be visiting artists at Middle Tennessee State University the week of the Revival!
Learn more and sign up to attend at http://nashvilleprintrevival.com/
Links Associated with the first Nashville Print Revival:
- Article on Gallery’ One’s Blog, Nashville Print Revival Celebrates Traditional Methods in Contemporary Print
- Photos of Nashville Print Revival on Facebook, by Native Magazine.
- Article by Nashville Scene, The Nashville Print Revival will make you a believer, by Laura Hutson
- Nashville Arts Magazine, Fit to Print: Nashville Print Revival finds the art scene’s ink brigade showing their colors, by Joe Nolan.
- Announcement on Watkins College of Art, Design & Film’s website.
- Spectacular Poster Printacular
- That’s Inked Up Blog Announces the Print Revival